Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Transforming Thoughts about Community

"I am a part of all that I have met." --Alfred Lord Tennyson
"The first duty of a human being is to assume the right functional relationship to society--more briefly, to find your real job, and do it." --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
"One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade." --Chinese proverb
"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can." --George Bernard Shaw
"When they are alone they want to be with others, and when they are with others they want to be alone. After all, human beings are like that." --Gertrude Stein

1 comment:

iamnasra said...

"When they are alone they want to be with others, and when they are with others they want to be alone. After all, human beings are like that"

How true